Maximizing Human Potential and Mainstreaming Spirituality: A Conversation about Psychedelics with MAPS Founder and Executive Director Rick Doblin PhD
Apr 27, 2020
Rick Doblin, Ph.D., is the founder and executive director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). His commitment to psychedelic medicine, research and decriminalization spans several decades, and positions him as one of the pioneering leaders in the psychedelic renaissance. In this conversation, Rick speaks about his experience, his perspective, his family and his why.
What you will learn:
- Learn about MAPS Founder and Executive Director Rick Doblin PhD, his personal journey with psychedelics and how his experiences in life shaped his commitment to legalizing MDMA as a medicine
- Why current drug laws are immoral and decriminalizing illicit substances, even the most dangerous, is not only a good idea, but an important one for social justice
- A defense of the compounds like LSD, MDMA and ketamine in relation to the entheogenic plants like psilocybin and ayahuasca
- How civil disobedience can be a way to improve the rule of law; learn about the way that this view penetrated Rick’s family life, both with his parents and his children
- The critical importance of integration of psychedelic experiences; “Quantity is not the solution.” He learned and shares.
- How psychedelics can mainstream a global spirituality while also infusing new meaning into traditions of the past